About the Taylor Institute
The Taylor Institute for Global Enterprise Management at Franklin University Switzerland was founded in 2010 as an institute for advancing international management practices through innovative teaching and research. The Taylor Institute offers the first graduate program at Franklin, a one-year Master of Science in International Management (MSIM). The MSIM is a program of study and practice that creatively integrates management concepts with international professional experiences.
Franklin University Switzerland is accredited in the United States by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and in Switzerland by the Swiss University Conference. It is the only university in the world with US and Swiss accreditation.
Our mission is to develop responsible and innovative global leaders of companies and organizations.
We stay true to our mission by providing students with a multicultural and multidisciplinary learning environment in the heart of Europe. What distinguishes the Taylor Institute from other institutions is the opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills through many different academic and professional experiences. To ensure that the experiences are relevant and cutting-edge the Taylor Institute engages expert faculty members and practitioners who know first-hand what is required to be a successful global manager in the 21st century. Further distinction is earned by providing a comprehensive leadership development program, maintaining small cohorts, ensuring a flexible curriculum, and by providing valuable international experiences that include academic travel and international internships.
- We adhere to the Franklin University Switzerland mission and tradition of a multicultural, multidisciplinary academic environment
- We work closely with students to support their personal and professional development
- We maintain rigorous standards of scholarship and integrity among students and faculty
- We promote research on topics of current interest with practical applications
- We encourage innovation and exploration of challenges and opportunities in a global context
- We strive to develop the full capacity of each student through a range of leadership experiences both inside and outside of the classroom
- We engage our alumni in the activities and programs of the Taylor Institute
- We provide experiences for students to practice what they learn and then reflect
- Cross-Cultural Understanding
What Knowledge and Skills Students Will Acquire
- Business Acumen
- Global Mindset
- Collaborative Mindset
- Cultural Intelligence
- Effective Communication
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Ethical Decision Making
- Innovation Mindset
- Negotiations and Conflict Resolution
- Strategic Management
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Emotional Intelligence
- Team Collaboration
- Capacity for Uncertainty
- Personal Responsibility