Academic Travel Packing List!
"I have learnt that I am incapable of packing the right amount of clothing, probably because I start 10 minutes before I'm supposed to leave, and that I truly hate airports" -Marcus Alexander Brigstocke, English Comedian, Actor, and Satirist.
Welcome back or welcome to Adventures at Franklin! Academic Travel is right around the corner folks! This will be my 7th and final travel, and I am very much looking forward to it. If you're interested in some of favorite memories from my previous 6 travels, then check out last week's post here!
Academic Travel is one of the most exciting and fun times at FUS, but before we are ready to leave, we must have everything we might need. Here is my list of essentials to bring on Academic Travel!
1. Clothes. Enough clothes to last however long your travel period is. The right type of clothing for the weather you will experience. I also like to bring a bag so I can put my clothes in if they get dirty.
2. Toiletries. Some places you stay at may have toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, towels, shampoo, conditioner, razors, shaving cream etc. but they may also not. Better safe than sorry!
3. School items. These items can include a laptop, notebook, pens/pencils.
4. Phone/chargers. I have forgotten my charger a few times recently, so do not forget yours!
5. ID cards/passports/insurance cards. Pretty essential item in the travel itinerary.
6. Water bottle. We need water to live, enough said.
7. Snacks. Not an essential item, but snacks are great to have to calm a rumbling stomach.
8. Mask and hand sanitizer. We are in a pandemic, hygiene is extremely important!
9. Travel pillow. This is a nice thing to have during flights, bus rides, or train rides. I have also slept at a few hotels with not the best pillows, so a travel pillow is great to have.
10. Money. Your professor will usually give you some money as well, but it is also important to have some spare cash or your credit/debit card(s) too!
That's all folks. Enjoy your travels!