The Green Office team is directed by a university staff member, the Green Office Scholars and the Sustainable Garden Interns:
GO Scholar - Marketing and Communication
GO Scholar - Education & Research
GO Scholar - Campus Operations
GO Scholar - Event Coordination
GO Scholar - External Affairs & Projects
Sustainable Garden Interns
- Ghala Ashoor
- Siri Dye
- Mira Khalsa
- Rosie Turbyville
In addition, an 8-member Steering Committee representing faculty and staff from each division and organizational department of the university guides the Green Office in its mission.
2022 – 2023 Steering Committee members
- Division of Arts and Culture - Prof. Clarice Zdanski
- Division of Business and Economics - Prof. Mario Schultz
- Division of Communication, History, and Politics - Prof. Fintan Hoey
- Division of Environment, Math, Psychology, and Health - Prof. Patrick Della Croce
- Office of Student Life - Russel Martin
- Office of Physical Plant - Fatima Campos
- Office of Finance and Administration - Tomaso Rizzi
- Taylor Institute and Graduate Studies - Branko Sain
Spring 2021: The FUS GO began as the Environmental Studies Capstone Project of Spring 2021. The project was initially spearheaded by Grace Kotnik ‘22, Naomi Lear ‘21, Alejandra Malavenda ‘22, Gabriella Teerlynck-Aviles ‘22, and Peter Waszkis ‘21.
April 2022: As part of University Day 2022, Franklin sets a goal to raise $50,000 to establish the Franklin University Switzerland Green Office.
May 2022: President Gregory Warden, Chairman Kim Hildebrant and VP of Academic Affairs Andrew Starcher sign the official mandate establishing the Franklin University Switzerland Green Office
August 2022: Jean Wu joins the FUS Green Office as its first Director of Sustainability Programs.
September 2022: The FUS Green Office is officially accepted as a member of the Green Office Movement.