For students requiring a visa for Switzerland, we recommend submitting your application for Foundation Year by June 15 for the Fall Semester, and by November 15 for the Spring Semester. For students not requiring a visa, Franklin will be accepting applications on a rolling basis throughout the summer. For potential tuition fee reductions, the priority deadlines are March 15 and November 1, respectively. You may study at Franklin with the Foundation Year status for a maximum of two consecutive semesters.
- A completed undergraduate Application Form and a non-refundable application fee of CHF 90 or $90. To pay by credit card or for more information on ways to pay, please see Payment Options.
- A personal statement, including highlights from your curriculum vitae, academic and other personal interests.
- Official transcripts and school grade results from other institutions previously attended in the last three years. A separate transcript must be sent directly by each institution, regardless of whether transfer credit is requested. Certified translations must be included for transcripts not written in English, Italian, French, German, or Spanish.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, professor, foreign study advisor or Dean, or two letters from former employers if you have not attended school for more than one semester prior to the time of application.
- Applicants for whom English is not a native language, are not fluent or have not been educated in English, are required to submit their Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score. Alternatively, other internationally recognized test of English language proficiency, e.g. the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Duolingo English Test (DET) are likewise accepted.
- Not specifically requested, but students can additionally submit Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) score if applicable.For Foundation Year, we require a score of 75 on the TOEFL, a score of 5.5 on the IELTS or a score of 90 on the DET.
Dear Foundation Year applicants, Franklin encourages you to apply especially if your goal is to improve your English language skills. The Foundation Year program is especially designed for students who wish to boost their academic record, exploring different disciplines, advancing in the English language, and experiencing a new cultural adventure.
Tuition and fees for Foundation Year are the same* as the first year Undergraduate program.
*Swiss/EU/EEA tuition is not applicable to the Foundation Year program.
If you are admitted to Franklin University Switzerland as a Foundation Year student, an enrollment confirmation deposit of CHF 500 or $500 is required by May 1 for the Fall Semester and December 1 for the Spring Semester. If applying to Gap Year after these above-mentioned dates, new deposit deadlines will be scheduled accordingly. To pay by credit card or for more information on ways to pay, please see Payment Options.